17th Most Popular

The lives of 2 blonds and a brunette.


Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Time for the Crib

Up until today, Alaina had never slept in her crib. She naps in her bouncy or car seat (or in our arms) and sleeps in her cradle in our room at night... up until today. Recently, Harry and I have noticed that Alaina isn't sleeping as soundly. She used to be able to sleep through Harry's alarm in the morning and his getting ready; now she stirs and spends a good bit of the morning grunting as he gets ready. She is also getting too large for her cradle. The other morning I woke up to find her rubbing her fingers along the bumpers on the sides of her cradle (yep, she can touch both). At about 12 pounds, it's time to move to the crib. Harry and I are having trouble with this move, we will miss having our baby close by (even though her room in steps away) but we realize it's in her best interest.


Today, Alaina tried napping in her crib. She seems to be enjoying it. I am so thankful for the video baby monitor Carrie and Ruth got us. I can spy on her any time I want (which is often).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww, look at that big girl!