17th Most Popular

The lives of 2 blonds and a brunette.


Thursday, February 01, 2007

I Love Snow!!

Yes... it is SNOWING!!! It looks absolutely beautiful outside this morning. I got up at my usual 5:40 this morning, took a shower, and began getting ready for school when I saw on the news that school was canceled with no optional teacher workday. I was a little disappointed because my CMS promised 5:30am phone call to notify me of a cancellation was late... it came in at 6:15. This means that I am now too awake to go back to sleep (for now) but I'm o.k. with that. Now I get to enjoy the beautiful morning. I have taken a few pictures to show you the snow in North Carolina.

The view from our front porch at 6:30am.

Our peach tree right outside the kitchen door looking at the field across the street.

The backyard and our beautiful pergola.

The view from our front porch once the sun came up.

Victoria Bay Drive right next to the house going back to the pool.

The backyard in the daylight.

This weather makes me realize just how much I miss snow. I guess I am a northern girl at heart. I have even been out and about already this morning... I made a 7:15 grocery run to get a croissant and a latte (despite the news telling me to STAY OFF THE ROADS!!). Freezing rain is forecast for later today so my snow will probably melt and I guess there is even a chance I may be out of school tomorrow. Oh well, I'll enjoy my day looking at the snow.

PS... the local news has preempted the "Today" show because of the winter weather; so that means nothing but hour after hour of traffic and weather reporting.

No comments: