17th Most Popular

The lives of 2 blonds and a brunette.


Wednesday, January 31, 2007

FREAK OUT!!!

One of the things I love the most about living in the south is when there is a forecast for snow. Tonight, Cornelius is under a "severe weather advisory" because 1/4 of an inch of snow/wintery mix is predicted. For those of you who do not live in the south, let me give you an idea of what will happen this evening.

Quote from the looming blizzard...
"Look out Carolina, I'm coming!"

First of all... the grocery stores are now sold out of bread and milk. For some reason when snow is predicted southerners feel the need to buy multiple loaves of bread and gallons of milk. Apparently if any snow does fall, southerners sit at home and do nothing but constantly eat bread and drink milk.

Secondly... the major headlining story for EVERY news station will be the winter weather. I already witnessed this today when I got home from work. The 5:00 news really talked about nothing other than the weather. I really think the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan could have been won today and we in the south wouldn't know... there's snow a'comin!

Finally... we actually had to have part of our staff meeting, plus an additional email, dedicated to what will happen if we get any snow. We, of course, will close the schools and then get to make-up our missed days in March. Don't you just love it!!!

This is what I predict downtown Cornelius will look like tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stay safe!!!! DO NOT DRIVE. I repeat...DO NOT DRIVE.

We are having our own snow freak-out up here except that some areas are predicted to receive 4 feet, not 1-2 inches. Sackets Harbor shouldn't get that much...there is only about 8 inches on the ground right now with the snow still falling but may tap out around 12 inces (I hope). However, the lake effect winds are causing some mad drifts. Maybe I will get to leave work early tomorrow :)