17th Most Popular

The lives of 2 blonds and a brunette.


Sunday, September 30, 2012

Weekend in Wilmington

This past weekend, Harry, Alaina, and I visited my parents in Wilmington for some end-of-summer fun. Despite the uncooperative weather, we had a great time visiting the aquarium and the beach. 

The main bridge into Wilmington was closed for road work, so we decided to take the ferry to Ft. Fisher and the aquarium. Alaina really enjoyed being on the boat.

Yes, we made her wear her life jacket. I always used to wonder why my parents made us wear a life jacket on the ferry growing up, but when it was our little one Harry and I felt the same way... better safe than sorry. She doesn't mind, I can't get her out of it sometimes. 

After a delicious lunch at Big Daddy's, we headed over to the aquarium. Alaina was excited to see the alligators. The gators were quite active and this one swam up and gave Alaina a long look.



Next was the touch tank. Alaina tried to pet a baby shark but it was too deep. 

One of Alaina's favorite parts of the aquarium was the playground. 

Today was still overcast, but we were still able to go to the beach. 




This has to be one of my favorite pictures of Alaina. It shows so much of her personality.

We really enjoyed our weekend; thanks to my parents for having us!

Alaina was exhausted afterwards and slept a good part of the way home.

No comments: