17th Most Popular

The lives of 2 blonds and a brunette.


Monday, August 09, 2010

Hands Down... a Minor Problem

Pregnancy has many wonderful conditions that accompany it... I have been lucky to have a very smooth pregnancy. I have felt great, haven't gained too much weight, and have avoided many of the "other" pregnancy related conditions (the ones that you don't really want to talk about). The one condition I haven't been able to avoid is carpal tunnel syndrome. Who knew that pregnant ladies get carpal tunnel? I didn't, so when my right fingers went numb I made sure I talked to my doctor about it. As it turns out, the swelling in my wrist has put pressure on the carpal tunnel and has now made my entire right hand go numb. I used to think that carpal tunnel syndrome was made up (sorry anybody that suffers from this regularly) but after this pregnancy, I now know how uncomfortable and, frankly, how annoying it is.


I'm very much looking forward to feeling my hand again. Until then, it's funny to hear Harry say, "we're holding hands now, just in case you didn't know."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea that carpel tunnel was an actual thing. Huh - learn something new each day. Hope you feel better!