17th Most Popular

The lives of 2 blonds and a brunette.


Friday, July 30, 2010

Things I Miss

Today, while standing in line at my local Starbucks waiting for my decaf venti Caramel Macchiato, the woman in front of me asked if I missed caffeine. Yes, yes I do; very much. It got me thinking about a post for today (see the above mentioned "Things I Miss") in no particular order...

caffeine
wearing my wedding/engagement ring
wine
seeing my feet
running
sitting comfortably
breathing normally
wearing pants with a real waist
sleeping on my stomach
going places without strangers talking to me about my stomach
not feeling guilty when I eat junk food


All that being said, the things I miss are all largely outweighed by what I'm looking forward to...

seeing our daughter for the first time
holding our daughter
taking our daughter for a walk
watching our daughter sleep
seeing our daughter smile
seeing our daughter with her grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins
reading a book to our daughter
watching our daughter discover new things
playing with our daughter

With only 37 days left in our pregnancy, I'm trying really hard to focus on enjoying every minute of it (even the occasional contraction). I think I will miss feeling our daughter move inside me so until she is born, I will stop thinking of what I miss and think about what I love about being pregnant and all that I am looking forward to.

3 comments:

Rhenicia said...

you are so right, because once i gave birth i sooo missed being pregnant! in the shower rubbing my belly, washing dishes having to poke my butt out so my stomach wont get wet haha (i was still doing that after giving birth forgetting i dont have a baby in there anymore) pregnancy isnt easy but it is worth it :)

take care.... && good luck xo.

Maddog Salamander said...

What you miss will be back soon enough. The best part...the absolute best part...is everything that you are looking forward to, plus stuff you haven't even thought of yet.

Congradulations, parents-to-be, you are about to start a rollercoaster ride with more ups than downs. STRAP ON!

aritreyee said...

this one was lovely! congratulations to a mommy-to-be! :-) good luck and god bless!