17th Most Popular

The lives of 2 blonds and a brunette.


Sunday, June 06, 2010

Spiders and Scallops

I know, it's a weird title and a weird combination but my day has involved both of those things and so I thought I would blog about it. First... spiders! Harry and I were working in our gardens this afternoon when I encountered the largest black widow I've ever seen. She was living in our garden hose reel and she was gigantic!

Those are needle nose pliers she is hanging on.

Still hanging on there! You can see the red hourglass on her stomach from this angle.

Yuck, I know.

Second, the scallops. I've been craving scallops for the past few days so today Harry and I decided to whip up a tasty dinner. We breaded and pan seared the scallops, made a white wine sauce including roma tomatoes, fresh basil, oregano, and parsley from our garden. We mixed it all together with angel hair pasta and our scallops and viola! We had a delicious dinner.


There you have it! A weird combination of spiders and scallops. (Hey, they both start with S, right?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't eat scallops but the pasta looks good! :)

Karen