17th Most Popular

The lives of 2 blonds and a brunette.


Friday, January 18, 2008

The Idiot or The Tiger?


So I was surfing the internet, I mean, working today and I came across this article. Turns out that the teenagers were in fact taunting Tatiana, the siberian tiger at the SF zoo that attacked (naturally selected?) a California moron on Christmas day. It really irritates me that they killed the tiger after the "attack"...after all, Siberian tigers are a critically endangered species, but the world is overflowing with idiots. I'm just a little upset Tatiana wasn't able to peer pressure a couple of her cellmates into jumping out to take care of the guy's friends.

This kind of reminds me of another ignorant human-animal story. A couple of years ago, one of the local parks in Charlotte decided that the Canadian geese (and their respective droppings) were making the park unpleasant for visitors. Rather than maybe saying "Hey geese, sorry we destroyed your natural habitat with our construction projects", we apparently decided that the best course of action would be to try to persuade the geese to leave (I'm not really sure they expected them to go...). A number of methods were attempted: dogs; probably some signs...because you know, geese can read; but the final solution (Hitler pun not really intended) was a series of lasers to discourage the geese from landing. Lasers. REALLY?

I'm really suprised the animal kingdom hasn't staged a meeting of the minds (like this scene from Bambi) to develop a full fledged attack on the idiot humans...or maybe they have?


Since we're being all nature-conscious today, I thought I'd recycle a picture used in a previous blog post, from our trip to Grandfather Mountain. At the time, we thought this sign was humorous, but it turns out that for some people, I guess you can't rely on common sense. Oh well. That's all for now.

No comments: