17th Most Popular

The lives of 2 blonds and a brunette.


Friday, December 29, 2006

WE ARE...

A lynch mob? Rioters upset about the McRib only being available for "a limited time"? Nope. Sorry...we were looking for "Marshall". Marshall.

Meredith and I saw We Are Marshall this evening and were quite impressed. While rather emotionally draining (I admit, my eyes welled up several times during the movie), it does a great job of retelling the tragic story. While in some respects it was indifferent from many other sports movies (the team overcomes adversity and wins the big game), the fact that it is a true story sets it apart from the crowd. They even managed to expose the little known tidbit that Bobby Bowden does in fact have a soul. We give this movie 4 thumbs up.

I do have one side note though: If I'm ever waiting to board a plane and I notice Matthew Fox is on the same flight, I'll take the later flight and free voucher in a heartbeat. He narrowly escapes a fiery plane crash in this movie, and on LOST he ends up as a castaway on a tropical island full of unanswered questions and "the others". I'm sure this scenario is bound to occur with my frequent travel, so I think it's good that I've developed an action plan.

Oh, and Saddam has been hanged. Please keep your celebratory gunfire to a minimum.

No comments: