17th Most Popular

The lives of 2 blonds and a brunette.


Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Dad -1 / Cancer - 0

Today Dad had his surgery to remove his prostate. Everything seems to have gone really well. The surgeon said that there doesn't seem to be any nerve damage or any muscle damage, which is really positive; and the cancer doesn't seem to have spread (we won't know for sure until the pathology report comes back). He didn't lose much blood during the surgery so he didn't need a transfusion, but as of a 6:00 conversation with my Mom, he was bleeding some internally and might need a transfusion later tonight. My Dad, always displaying a great sense of humor, told me that he didn't realize that he was supposed to be working of stopping the bleeding, so he was going to get right on that. He predicted that no transfusion would be needed. I hope he's right. Please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mer, please give your parents my best & let them know I'm thinking of them.
Take care,
Carin