17th Most Popular

The lives of 2 blonds and a brunette.


Monday, February 18, 2008

Tagged

I was tagged by Martha today. That means I will be posting 6 random thoughts/ habits/ quirks, about me. (This is Meredith) Here it goes...

1. One of my quirks, I have grown to really enjoy watching the news (at 6:30 am and 11:00 pm) and reading the news/celebrity gossip. You will notice that our links of interest include CNN, Google News, Fark, and my newest obsession, Entertainment Weekly. For me, reading the news or star gossip online is so much better than newspapers and magazines (which I do check out in the supermarket) because you don't have magazines to clutter the house up (Harry has enough of those for both of us; sorry honey, but you know it's true).

2. I HAVE to have a clean house. Thanks to my mom, who hated clutter and things out of place. I don't like going to bed with the kitchen/living room a mess. The last 15 minutes of each night, usually while the news is on, I spend cleaning up the house. I put everything in the dishwasher, fold the blanket I was using, put all the pillows on the couch and chair neatly, etc. It bothers me when there are things left out (Martha, we have this in common, again thanks to mom).

3. I love television. I can tell you what I watch each night of the week. I will tell my students not to watch so much television, meanwhile, I watch it way too much myself. The writers strike has been killing me. Harry can tell you that I have complained about it a good bit. Thank goodness there has been The Celebrity Apprentice, and yes, I LOVE The Apprentice. Many people hate the Donald so they won't watch, not me. While I don't agree with many things the Don does, you have to respect all that he has done in his life. (That was like 2 - love of TV and love of The Apprentice).

4. I really enjoy running but I suck at it. I ran all through high school, cross country and track, cross country was a lot better, but I always came in last. I know why I'm not very good, look at me! I don't have a runners body. First, my legs are too short, heck, I'm too short. That's pretty much it. I have to take 2 steps to a normal person's 1. It's not really rocket science. Harry and I run together and he is good enough to wait for me. I love days where it is about 50-70 degrees outside and I can go for a run (yesterday was perfect, 64 and beautiful). I would like to run more, but my knees are shot. If I can get a couple of miles in each day, 4 or 5 times a week, I'm very happy.

5. Hanging out with Harry is the best thing in the world. We can do nothing and I can have a blast. Sometimes we do things separately, like he will play poker with the guys or go to Eddies and I'll hang out with the girls, but I truly love just being with him. I think that makes me truly blessed, I get to spend the rest of my life with a person that makes me really happy.

6. Finally, a pet peeve... I don't like fake people. I avoid them at all costs. My favorite people are the people that don't beat around the bush. They tell you truth, not just what you want to hear. We all know people who are fake. They don't bother some people, they make excuses for them like, "That's just how they are". For me, that's unacceptable. I am a straight shooter. Sometimes that gets me in trouble because people don't always like being told the truth (especially some parents of students in my class), but that's me. One of my favorite sayings is, "let's call a spade a spade." Sometimes people will say that is the northerner in me, but there are plenty of people in the north that are fake; I really think that's just me.

Ok, I think I'm done. It's not very exciting, but I think that's ok. I can only tag a couple of people because Martha tagged a lot of people already. I want to tag Harry, Barb, and Clay (I know Martha already got Karen). Thanks for reading everybody!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I dislike 'fake people' aka pod people as well. I consider myself a pretty open book and have been known to be quite bitchy at times. I am an acquired taste :)

However, if the fake person post was in reference to me. Well, piss off!


:)

Harry and Mer said...

I will have to say that this post was NOT aimed at you, Karen. :-) I am also sometimes seen as bitchy, oh well. That's the price we pay for being straight shooters.