17th Most Popular

The lives of 2 blonds and a brunette.


Monday, February 11, 2008

The Flu and the Grammys

Harry and I have not posted in awhile... this time for a great reason. Last weekend we were both suddenly struck with the flu! Surprisingly, Harry got it first (I think this is surprising because I am the one locked in a room with 50 kids each day). Because of the fever, body aches, and extreme exhaustion, we were unable to post. This also meant that we were unable to enjoy a Superbowl gathering. We had planned to eat fattening nachos and brownies to celebrate the big game, again, that didn't happen.

We decided to make up for our last ruined weekend this weekend by celebrating the Grammys. We cooked our fattening nachos and brownies and settled in to watch the performances. We really enjoyed some of them, Amy Winehouse did a fabulous job despite being in rehab lately. I have to agree with EW.com that stated one of the best things about her performance was the smirk on her face when she sang her song "Rehab". We did enjoy the Beatles Cirque du Soleil performance, Feist (1234 has become one of my favorite songs), The Foo Fighters, and the performance by Josh Groban and Andrea Bocelli.

As for the disasters, we thought Brad Paisley's "Ticks" was laughable. This just goes to show why I don't enjoy country music. A song about ticks... how hillbilly. The will.i.am performance was just plain weird. I don't understand how in an auditorium of the most talented musicians in America this guy got to perform tastes of other people's hits. We also didn't understand the Kidd Rock and Keely Smith performance. It left us wondering who canceled last minute.

To see how EW.com graded the performances click here. I will have to say that I agree with most of there grades.

On a sad personal note, over the weekend one of my favorite actors died... Roy Scheider. Every time I think of him I remember Clay and I watching Jaws over and over and over as kids. We have every line memorized (sad, I know). No cause of death has yet been released, but he has been treated for skin cancer for the past few years. You can read about his death by clicking here.

No comments: