17th Most Popular

The lives of 2 blonds and a brunette.


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Miscommunication

Yesterday, Alaina and I had our second appointment with our lactation consultant, Jodi. Alaina got weighed and proved that she was thriving here at home. She was 8 lbs and 5 oz when she was born and tipped the scales at 8 lbs and 15 oz yesterday! Because of this, Jodi told us that Alaina should continue to eat every 3 hours during the day and then we could let her sleep longer and wake herself up at night to eat.
What I heard: The baby can sleep longer than 2 hour stretches with 30 minutes of feeding and 30 minutes of trying to go back to sleep (and I can sleep more, too... woohoo!).
What Alaina heard: I can wake myself up anytime I want during the night to eat... woohoo!

And awake herself she did... every 2 hours! There goes that sleep I was looking forward to. This morning she seems to be sleeping a little longer and she's very happy, so that sleep I wanted doesn't seem so important.


No comments: