17th Most Popular

The lives of 2 blonds and a brunette.


Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Surprise!

On Sunday Harry and I were part of an elaborate, top secret plan to throw our SIL, Karen, a baby shower in Raleigh. To add a twist to the mission, Clay and Karen spent the weekend visiting us so Karen's family could decorate their home.

Karen, Clay, and Karen's mom discussing baby Weston's growth.

Karen and her sister Megan discussing the candy bar contents of this diaper.
On a side note, I was able to identify all 8 melted candy bars with 100% accuracy (but I expected nothing less of myself when candy is involved).

Karen displaying the very cute, fully loaded "short trip" diaper bag.

Karen's mom displaying the chair my mom gave the baby.
This chair ended a long-time debate in the Huffman household. Karen wanted the baby's nickname to be West, Clay wanted to call the baby Wes. In a very sneaky maneuver, Clay told my mom to have the chair embroidered with "Wes" at which point Karen conceded and agreed to the nickname Wes. Well played, Clay... well played.

Harry and I were, appropriately, in charge of bringing the cake, so we opted to bring cupcakes. They were delicious!

It was a great shower and Karen and Clay got a lot of items that will help them welcome and take care of Wes when he makes his apperance this fall.

No comments: