17th Most Popular

The lives of 2 blonds and a brunette.


Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Life in the Fast Lane: Thompson Edition

Inspired by The Huffmaniacs, the Thompson's decided to reminisce about their first cars. Both of us were very lucky to have great first cars. They were sleek, sexy, and every 16 year olds dream.

Meredith: A 1989 Buick Electra Station Wagon, complete with wood paneling! To make the car even sweeter the "wood paneling" was sticker and got scraped off when doors opened into it. To hide this fact (and fight rust) mom covered these spots with "wood paneling" contact paper... it was sweet! Who wouldn't want this car, especially to take their maneuverability test for drivers ed? Next, I inherited a 1992 Dodge Grand Caravan... also with wood paneling. I pretty much was the envy of everyone on the road.


(our van was green with wood paneling but this was as close as I could find)

Harry: My first babe magnet was a 1972 Chevy pickup truck. Well, it was mostly Chevy. It did have a GMC tailgate, most likely due to my dad backing into something with the original, but let's not split hairs. More important were the interior luxuries, such as the stereo system. Technically I guess it was just a mono system, since there was only one speaker (which, conveniently, sat beside me on the lovely navajo-patterned bench seat cover). Below is a picture of what the truck might have looked like new, though this is a far cry from the way that I remember it. Since the only picture I could find was blue and white, I have taken the liberty of adjusting the color to a more accurate green and white in Photoshop, but have spared myself the work of adding realistic dents, rust spots, and the lovely "HARRIE'S TRUCK" that some jackass at my high school carved into the front of the hood. Enjoy!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Link to this in the comment section of our blog so people can see your funny post!!!! Love it :)