17th Most Popular

The lives of 2 blonds and a brunette.


Thursday, June 14, 2007

Summer Is Here!

Today is my first official day of summer vacation! Yea!! I woke up late (8:45), went for a run, lunch with friends, and a little shopping. I LOVE summer time! In addition to having free time to do whatever I want, our gardens are in full bloom and looking beautiful. Check out our day lilies in the back yard.



In an unrelated, yet funny, note... My friends from work and I went out to get some drinks after work at a place I will not name (they do have dollar beers on Wednesday). I got carded, which rarely ever happens anymore, but I am under 30 so that's ok. Now, the waitresses at this establishment are not known for being the brightest crayons in the box, but they can usually handle bringing you a beer. When I got carded, the Einstein that was waiting on us took at least a minute looking at my ID, even checking to see if it had a hologram. Then, in a very nasty tone, told me my ID looked nothing like me and wanted to know if I knew my drivers license number. I told her no, and asked who on Earth memorized the DL number. She then told me that she would NOT serve me without another form of ID. I was outraged! I was the oldest person at the table and this server just called me a liar to my face! So, I asked her, in a not so nice tone, if she was joking and I started to empty my wallet. I started with my credit cards and then even produced my marriage certificate! Finally, after me blowing my stack, she handed me my ID back, told me it still didn't look anything like me, and asked me what I wanted to drink. Needless to say, she transferred us to another server after the entire table of about 12 friends proceeded to ask in disbelief if that just happened.



You decide... am I the 26 year old pictured in the drivers license, or am I a 20 year old trying to drink illegally?

No comments: