17th Most Popular

The lives of 2 blonds and a brunette.


Monday, February 24, 2014

Starry Charlotte Night

This past Saturday, my good friends at school and I went downtown to celebrate Beth's 30th birthday (Beth is Zack's mom... little Z has been on the blog many times and is one of Alaina's best friends). Beth really wanted to go to a painting class and she chose the Charlotte skyline inspired by Starry Night (by Vincent van Gogh). It was so much fun and we created some really great paintings.

The whole gang. I think Beth's painting (top left) and Buzzee's painting (top right) turned out the best; but they are the artistic ones of the group. Beth teaches music and Buzzee teaches art.

This is how I started. We painted the swirls in the sky first and then we painted the skyline and the foreground black.

Next, we added shadows to the buildings and the stadium (the stadium looks like the bridge from this angle). We also painted the street.

 Then, we really added some color! Finally, we signed the painting and we were done! This is my finished painting... not too bad!
I had so much fun painting with my friends. Harry and I have friends who actually own a company that offers painting classes, so we are going to look into doing one with our friends in the future.

No comments: