17th Most Popular

The lives of 2 blonds and a brunette.


Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Big Girl Bed

Today Alaina upgraded to a big girl bed. Her crib converted to a full size bed so all we needed to do was add the side rails, slats, and a sheet of plywood (since we opted out of a box spring), and her new mattress to make the change. I went to Home Goods to find her a quilt, shams, and pillows and finished it off with some sheets from Bed, Bath, and Beyond and we were ready for night night time. 

We needed to rearrange her room to accommodate the larger bed and this is what we came up with. This is the view from the hallway door. 

The view from the bathroom door.

I love that her existing curtains and fan matched her new quilt so well. 


Alaina was a little upset at bed time and did ask for her crib back, but after I lay with her for awhile she calmed down and went to sleep. I really like that I can lay in bed with her and I can kiss her while she is in her bed.

No comments: