17th Most Popular

The lives of 2 blonds and a brunette.


Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy Earth Day, Earth...

we got you a tree!
Harry and I finished up backyard improvements (for this week) by planting our Chief Cherokee Dogwood. It was tough work, but the tree is happy in its new home.


Our backyard as it looked this afternoon.
I know you're jealous of our really nice grass. Harry and I love Bermudagrass. Ours was particularly damaged by the drought last summer. There are plans to aerate in a couple of weeks.


This is my rock. I dug it up out of the bottom of our hole (which also can be seen in the picture). It was very difficult to dig out and, although you can't tell by looking at it, it was very heavy.
Side note: Harry did have to reach down and get it out of the hole, my arms weren't long enough.


Hooray! The tree is planted! Earth Day was a success.

No comments: