17th Most Popular

The lives of 2 blonds and a brunette.


Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Clay's R&R

Clay has been home from Afghanistan for the past 2 weeks (yeah!) and this past weekend he and Karen flew down to Wilmington. Martha and Ed also met us there and we had the best time.


As you can see, Clay and Karen had a hard time adjusting to being together again.

We all arrived at mom and dad's house on Friday. On Saturday Karen's mom, dad, brother Scott, and sister Julie came over as well. Dad built a large fire and we spent the day outside.


Harry and I enjoying the fire pit.

On Sunday we woke up before the sunrise to go to church. It was a rainy day, but we still enjoyed ourselves. We even got a pretty good family picture.


Here's the whole family together in our Sunday Best.



Martha, Ed, and Madison even got some playing in!

Finally, on Monday, we went to lunch and the beach. Martha stayed in the car because Madison was sleeping, but Mom, Dad, Clay, Karen, Harry, and I went to the beach.


Here you can see all the tall people coming down to my level for a picture. It was a great weekend. We hate that Clay has to go back to Afghanistan on Saturday, but he only has 3 months left!

2 comments:

Madison, Luke, and Alexander said...

Aunt Mer-
You said that Mommy and Daddy met you over in Wilmington...I believe I was there too!
Madison

Harry and Mer said...

Sorry Madison, I guess because you were passed out when they arrived I forgot to mention you. Sorry baby. If it makes you feel better I didn't mention LC either, and he/she was also there!